Stonewall Alliance is inviting all who are inspired by making a difference for our community to invest their skillsets by becoming Stonewall Alliance’s next Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Committee Chair. Those with ideas to develop and implement strategies and initiatives that promote diversity, equity and inclusion are highly recommended to apply.
The DEI Committee is tasked with leading efforts to ensure that Stonewall Alliance upholds the values of diversity, equity and inclusion within its community, leadership, and programs to build a welcoming, safe and inclusive environment.
DEI Committee Chair Position Description
Role Description and Expectations:
Role Summary: As the DEI Committee Chair, you will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies and initiatives that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) through Stonewall Alliance’s DEI Committee. The Committee Chair along with the committee will work with the Executive Board to enhance DEI efforts. This position reports to the Deputy Executive Director and is a volunteer position.
- Develop and lead the DEI committee to ensure all participants have a voice in our DEI efforts.
- Plan and schedule recurring Committee meetings, recurring check-ins with committee members, and provide updates at Executive Board meetings.
- Collaborate with sports commissioners, program directors, other committee chairs, players, and the Executive Board to identify and enhance DEI within the organization.
- Develop and implement training programs, policies, and procedures to promote DEI within the organization. This could also include enhancing current efforts to further DEI initiatives.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of our DEI initiatives to ensure progress and adjust strategies as needed in conjunction with the Deputy Executive Director and the Executive Board.
- Design templates, lead affinity groups, and oversee affinity group ambassadors.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to facilitate and lead difficult conversations.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in DEI
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations and engage people at all levels of the organization.
- Passionate about DEI and committed to creating a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization.