Stonewall Sports Pittsburgh
Stonewall Sports Pittsburgh is the largest program overseen through the Stonewall Alliance. Stonewall Alliance supports each sport with scheduling, securing the fields and facilitating sponsorship and community partnerships. The Alliance is also the approval board for new sports looking to join Stonewall Sports Pittsburgh.
Current programs within Stonewall Alliance include:
- Kickball – 2 seasons (Spring, Fall)
- Dodgeball – 1 season (Winter)
- Sand Volleyball – 1 season (Summer)
- Bowling – 2 seasons (Winter, Summer)
- Bocce – 1 season (Fall)
For more information visit stonewallsportspgh.org.
With the support of our community and our sponsors, we hope to expand our program offering beyond sports.
Participation in our programs increases with every season in every year. Our most recent season of spring kickball saw over 100 new players from the previous season. Our year-to-year bocce participation doubled from 2016 to 2017 with over 100 weekly players. In total, we have strong support in the community with over 1,600 active players and counting!
Stonewall Alliance actively engages with community partners to host and promote special events in Pittsburgh. View the latest event announcements in our News Section.
Typical annual events of Stonewall Alliance include*:
- Stonewall Sports Goes to the Dogs and Cats!
- Sister-City Sports Tournament
- “Hockey is for Everyone” with Pittsburgh Penguins
- Pittsburgh Riverhounds’ Night Out
- Ready, Set, Pride 5K Race
- Pittsburgh PrideFest
- Pittsburgh Equality March
- Tailgate & Pride Day at the Pittsburgh Pirates
- Various league appreciation events
- Family & Friends Day
* events subject to change