APRIL 5, 2022 (Pittsburgh, PA) – Stonewall Alliance, Inc. is a Pittsburgh-based, volunteer-run, non-profit LGBTQ+ and Ally organization with a mission dedicated to creating a unified community by offering opportunities for celebration, education, and recreation.
We are seeking an Executive Director for the organization responsible for leading and developing our organization! As acting President, the Executive Director will be responsible for ensuring the development, implementation and advancement of our mission. This is a key and exciting role for an individual who has a commitment towards improving the lives of LGBTQ+ persons.
This role is a non-paid, volunteer position. In accordance with the organization’s by-laws, a newly elected executive director position is a one-year term obligation, renewable in two-year increments.
Candidates with strengths or experience in the following areas will be considered for the role:
- Community engagement among area non-profit organizations.
- Public relations/speaking engagements.
- Facilitating or conducting board meetings.
- Recreational sports administration.
Additionally, skills in event planning, organizational development, financial budgeting and conflict resolution will benefit the organization.
- Serve as an ambassador of the Stonewall Alliance to the general public.
- Cultivate growth and development of the board collectively and individually.
- Ensure that the corporation is aligned with fulfilling its mission.
- Accept the legal role of “President” of Stonewall Alliance, Inc.
- Dedicate time to the organization by:
- Conducting weekly 30-minute meetings with the Stonewall Alliance Executive Committee.
- Hosting monthly board meetings with the full Stonewall Alliance Board.
- Participating in a minimum of two of the six current programs offered by the Alliance (kickball, dodgeball, bowling, bocce, sand volleyball and yoga).
- Participating in organization-hosted and sponsored events.
Candidates should be prepared to pass a criminal background check.
Qualified candidates should expect to attend an in-person, face-to-face interview with a member of the executive board in addition to a virtual group interview with the selection committee.